Being as I’m probably one of the last people on the earth for Vouge to ever want to interview, I was quite thrilled when I got tagged by a friend @Blackpistachio on Twitter to do Vouges 73 questions. So step aside Kimmy K!
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
I’m quite basic. I’ll have a hot chocolate with cream & marshmallows or if I’m feeling adventurous I’ll have a cappuccino with a shot of caramel syrup.
2. What does your workstation look like?
I mean technically, I’m unemployed. But my blog work? It’s usually done from my sofa where I have the dog trying to climb into my lap! Or my newly reclaimed desk? It’s looking pretty tidy right now. It’s probably the only merely instagramable part of my home.
3. Favourite food?
I’m a big believer in that saying… “Pizza is like sex – When it’s good, it’s really good. When it’s not good, it’s still kinda good!”. Basically, I could easily eat Pizza from now until the end of time.
4. Favourite author?
Robert Galbraith, better known as J.K. Rowling. I loved Harry Potter, of course. But I’ve found myself more obsessed with the Cormoran Strike novels!
5. What do you think of open relationships?
It’s definitely not for me, but if that’s your thing then I won’t judge.
6. What is your favourite video game?
Does The Sims count? It’s the only game I’ve ever really loved. That and Theme Hospital, does anyone remember that game?
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
There are some delicious dessert places near me that serve the most decadent desserts, so that.
8. Favourite movie?
Give me a Baz Lurnham or David Fincher film and I’m happy for a good few hours. My favourite ever? Probably Gone Girl.
9. Favourite book?
Career of Evil – Robert Galbraith
10. Twitter or Instagram?
11. Desktop or laptop?
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
My dad always taught me to see the funny side of everything. Which has helped me out many times!
13. What project are you working on right now?
Always my blog. It’s more time consuming than any other project I’ve ever taken on!
14. Favourite colour?
I wish I could say! I’m always drawn to purple. But I loved pastel shades too!
15. Did you get good grades in school?
Not really! Not because I misbehaved or anything like that, in fact I very rarely got in any trouble. I think I had a lot going on for a child my age, and it occupied my mind. When my GCSE’s rolled around? Well, let’s just say I discovered boys!
I did much better in Media & Film studies at A level (shock horror!) and scored averagely well in the first half of my degree.
16. Dream job?
TV Presenter, Radio Presenter or Journalist
17. Play any sports?
That would involve a level of physical exertion that I’m just not onboard with. The closest I get to exercise is running with my dog in the park.
18. Do you have a degree?
Not a full degree, no. I started a Forensic Psychology degree just after Holly was born because she was the dream baby. Then Harry came along. I had to take a break because he was somewhat more challenging (but still every bit as lovely!), and fitting in university became impossible. Now I’ve had time to realise Forensics isn’t what I actually want to do.
When my children are both in secondary school, I might look at nursing & midwifery.
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post?
Listy type posts or funny posts
21. What do you like to collect?
Is it cheesy AF to say memories? Yes, it is. But that’s my answer.
22. Describe yourself in three words?
Humourous, over-thinker, empathetic
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
I don’t have a clue. Somebody else give me a stage name.
24. Who was the last person you DMed?
My Dad on twitter (it was a while ago!)
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
I know this question probably means material goods, but I’m wishing more for a job with good hours!
Or a shopping spree with no spending limit. Not fussy.
26. Sorting house?
27. How many tattoos do you have?
Zilch. Zero. Nada. None.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Spending lots of time with my children in the garden.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
I had a really nice cup of tea earlier.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
That kind of fun and laughter where you wish the day wouldn’t end, and you laugh so hard it hurts.
32. Favourite season?
I’ll take spring or autumn. Not too hot or cold.
33. Favourite holiday?
Christmas. Bloody love it.
34. What fictional character do you relate to most?
35. Do you like surprises?
I’m a parent. A ‘surprise’ can easily mean a poo in my shoe. So probably not that kind of surprise. But if it’s something nice, yeah why not?
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
My Dad bought me a cat after years of asking for a cat.
37. Which surprise made you cry?
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given somebody else?
I’ve birthed two babies. I’m sure (at least the first time around) I surprised everyone!
39. Do you like muffins?
Who doesn’t like muffins?
40. Do you cook often?
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
Waffles – load them with strawberry, banana & cream and I’m in a dessert coma.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Anything coffee flavoured.
43. Cake or pie?
Cake probably. Although I could be swayed from that decision if it’s an apple pie
44. What’s your least favourite food?
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
46. It’s 4 am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
What not to do in life. I could teach everyone about my failures so they can do the opposite.
48. Best animated film?
Megamind has me in stitches.
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you?
I’ve had songs written for me, which was lovely.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Something relaxed – few drinks and a chat.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Not a fan of these formal dinner-dates. Why would you do that?
52. What’s the best pick-up line?
Do pick up lines ever work?
53. Best comic book character?
I’ve never really been into comic books. But I’ll say Spiderman because I’m most familiar with him.
54. Name three things which can always be found in your purse.
Random melted snack from 3 weeks ago courtesy of my kids
Dog poo bags – cheers dog
55. Favorite drink?
Malibu & Coke
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
57. Kittens or puppies?
Both! I’ll have a little kitten and puppy party.
58. Favourite sushi roll?
None. They’re better suited to the bin.
59. What lipstick do you use?
Whatever I can find. It’s usually a bold red.
60. What foundation do you use?
61. Blow dry or air dry?
Sometimes airdry but blowdry if I’m in a rush.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
63. Favourite Disney Character?
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Writing, stressing at pinterest, watching about 39 epsiodes of peppa pig and generally being Mum!
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
66. Movie that made you cry?
All movies make me cry! It doesn’t take a lot.
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
Ariana Grande probably. But she’d desperately need to autotune me or mute my mic.
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
Jack of all trades, master of none.
69. What’s your favourite animal?
70. Favourite illustrator?
I don’t really know of any illustrators
71. The person you’d like to have coffee with?
72. What country would you like to visit?
America – California specifically
73. Best way to decompress?
Usually, after a stressful day, I’ll have a glass of wine and just lay down in a dark room. It helps me calm down!